New Hope Baptist Church is a Bible centered family of believers united together in fellowship to fulfill the work of the church of Jesus Christ. Our people live primarily in Allen and Wells counties; some drive as much as 25 miles one-way to fulfill their leadership roles in our congregation. They believe the difference is worth the drive! We are affiliated with the Baptist Bible Fellowship International which is an association of pastors and churches sponsoring 960 adult missionaries in 110 nations worldwide.
New Hope Baptist Church is a ministry that has a 60+ year history. Many people have carried the burden of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ through the ministry of this great Church since the summer of 1955. We began as Fort Wayne Baptist Temple located in a storefront at 600 East Washington Street. From the very earliest days of the Church, the members had a vision to grow a mighty work to the glory of God.
After outgrowing the first location the Church moved to its second location, 2000 Fairfield Street, in 1957. The Church continued to grow and in 1960 they moved again, this time to 1101 Maumee Street. After four years of God’s blessing it was time for the Church to move this time to their fourth location in 10 years, 1118 Spring St. The Lord continued to bless and the membership continued to increase as souls were being won to the Lord nearly every week. In 1968 the Church purchased a plot of land at 3200 Hillegas Road. They began building their new Church and in 1969 they finally moved in.
The Church continued to experience God’s blessing and continued to grow. They added a Christian School and the Lord continued to bless. Then in 1999, after a period of major change both in the community and the Church ministry they decided to close the School. After closing the school they decided it was time to relocate the Church again, this time they not only built a new building on a new plot of land but they also voted to change their name. They sold the building on Hillegas Road to the city and began construction on their present building at 8918 Aboite Center Road. The Church would now be known as New Hope Baptist Church. The Lord continues to bless the ministry of the faithful members of this loving Church family still today.
In 2003 Pastor Charles "Chuck" Smith retired from New Hope after leading the church for nearly 40 years.
Shortly thereafter Pastor Denny Feasby was called as pastor. Under the leadership of Pastor Denny the church continued to serve God faithfully. The church went through many changes over the next decade. Pastor Denny lead the church at New Hope to Exalt Christ, Encourage others, Equip believers and Evangelize the world. The missions program continued to grow and the church experienced 2 great missions trips to Gutemala and 1 to Mexico. Many lives were forever changed through the ministry at New Hope. In 2013 after a decade of leading New Hope Baptist Church Pastor Denny Feasby retired.
Pastor Rob Bogle served at New Hope for over 7 years as youth pastor before being called as senior pastor in March of 2014. Pastor Rob continues to lead New Hope to lead people to find hope in an active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.